Sunday, November 25, 2007

Penny Black Pine Cones

I noticed some questions about subscriptions and feeds from a few recent comments. I added a FeedBlitz subscription link, so feel free to sign up there if you like. I admit I don't know a lot about it, so if I messed up any existing feeds, I'm sorry!

I also saw the coolest thing the other day. If you haven't seen the spinning dancer optical illusion, check it out. Supposedly, if you see her spinning clockwise, then you are more right-brained; and if you see her spinning counter-clockwise, then you are more left-brained. Which way do you see her spinning? Or maybe you see both?

And now for some stamping ...



This is another possibility for my holiday cards this year. I've used a Penny Black Pine Cone stamp I found a year or two ago, and the layout is CASE'd from this super sleek card by Kristina Werner.

Once again (I hope I'm not in a rut), I colored the image with markers, then overstamped in VersaMark so I could clear emboss the whole thing. I've put a Happy Holidays greeting on it, but I think it would also work well for any occasion that requires a masculine card (even with the ribbon). Those masculine cards are always challenging little buggers. For me, anyway :)

Supplies (Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pine Cone (Penny Black); Riveting, Canvas
Inks: Always Artichoke, VersaMark
Paper: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip markers, clear embossing powder, paper piercer, sponge daubers, dimensionals, pewter jumbo eyelets, Crop-A-Dile, chocolate wide grosgrain ribbon, slot punch, 1/2", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! I am loving all your uses of embossing powder! Thanks for the link, I spent like 5minutes trying to see if I could see the spin both ways. I could only see clock-wise, guess I'm more right-brained?

My Paper World said...

I love the pinecone stamp, and the gorgeous colours! Your cards are always soooo beautiful!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card and design, Jennifer

PS I have added you to my Blog roll so I can visit your gallery & Blog more often :)

Susie said...

Your card is very beautiful and classy. I am right-brained I guess. My husband looked at it and is left-brained. Thanks for the link. I enjoy your work so much that I've added you to my Google Reader to keep updated.

Maren said...

Very classy! Simply beautiful! I love the jumbo brad & chocolate ribbon...the piercing is perfect too! I don't think you are in a rut...this is definitely working for you! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracy said...

lovely card. fun little test - right brained here. and are you doing one card or a few different cards for your Christmas card? inquiring minds.....

Shelly said...

Ooh! I love this! The jumbo eyelet is perfect...love the Penny Black stamp too!