Thursday, November 8, 2007

Priceless



You know when you're making something and it all just comes together right away? And you're left feeling totally satisfied that you made something really cute and you hardly spent any time doing so?

This was NOT one of those times :)

I set out making a card for a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I wanted something soft and cheery, so I started with a favorite color combo of mine -- celery green, rose, and baby blue. After too many iterations to count, I wound up with something that, although I like it, is no longer my idea of a card suitable for this occasion. (Too much black, you know?)

So back to the craft room to try again. Bummer ;)

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this "outtake."

Supplies:
Stamps: Priceless
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Whisper White craft
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories: Black gingham ribbon, slit punch, white gel pen, paper piercer, dimensionals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! This is so frickin' awesome!!!!! (can you tell I like it??...LOL)

June Houck said...

Beautiful! A nice romantic card.

lindsalita said...

I love the colors!

My Paper World said...

That's really sad news about your friend.
This card is beautiful! I'm sure that your friend will love the card that you end up making for her too!

Tracy said...

well i love it! its really cute and has a bit of whimsy about it - i'm not so sure your friend wouldnt like it as well - but you know best. I loved the pink(and black) friend card you did the other day - maybe you could do a take on that one? change up either one with a different color combo? honey whatever you make it will be lovely and your friend will know you are thinking of her and that you are a good and thoughtful friend :-)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the path to creativity isn't always direct ... I love your end result.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you I love your style in card making... I am new to blog'ing and stumbled upon your blog via splitcoast ... I saw this card and fell in love with the color scheme you used... May have to start a blog of my own.... will deff be back to see what you have in store next...
Deanna