Wednesday, August 6, 2008

1 Chronicles 29:13



Just a quick post with a card I put together for today's SCS Sketch Challenge. The image and Bible verse stamps come from Give Thanks by Our Daily Bread Designs. The new release stamps I was talking about yesterday are still under wraps, but this set is available now!

I inked the image in Always Artichoke, stamped off once, then stamped in Very Vanilla card stock. I lightly sponged inside the image with Mellow Moss ink, just to give it a little bit of definition, then stamped the verse in Chocolate Chip. A lot of sponging, distressing, dry embossing, and stitching combine to create the overall shabby look. I also added speckling to the main panel with the air art tool and both the Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip markers. Do you ever rediscover an old favorite and then have a hard time putting it down? That's the way I've been with the air art tool lately. I want to speckle everything! The Always Artichoke marker was a little "wet" so some of the speckles look more like blobs - yikes... maybe it's time to give it a little rest again ;)

Something I'm not likely to give a rest anytime soon is finishing the insides of my cards. I'm addicted. Usually, I'm just including a large matted panel in coordinating colors, possibly with an image stamped in one of the lower corners, but sometimes I like to add a little more, like this:



On another note, I hope you've had a chance to check in on the Anni-VERVE-sary celebration going on in the Verve Forum on SCS. The Verve Divas are having a great time showcasing the upcoming Beautiful You set, and the response to Julee's 12 Days of Sketches has been fantastic! Hope to see you there!!

Last, before I go ... I'm pitifully behind on my correspondence, so if you've emailed me in the last week and haven't heard back from me, I'm sorry for taking so long, but I will respond to each email!

Happy Stamping!



Stamps: Give Thanks (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up; "Inspire" by Memory Box
Ink: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, distressing tool, stamping sponges, sponge daubers, air art tool (SU!); gingham ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon); stitched ribbon (Making Memories); dark brown twill (Offray); "Floral Screen" Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft); sewing machine and thread

11 comments:

jjcreations said...

Great take on this sketch - I love it. I love your colours and the aged look - it's beautiful. Joan

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy this is sooo gorgeous! Your talent and creativity amazes me daily! I love seeing all your wonderful creations! I love the spritzer tool too but I havent used it in 4evah may just have to pull it out!LOL!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!! Your insides are better than some of my outsides..LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I love the artichoke! The DP design is really cool too!!

Bonnie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the distressed technique with these shades! (I mean colours - I'm not wearing sunglasses!)

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love all the techniques you used on it.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Beauitful card Amy, love everything about it!

Judy Rozema said...

How simply lovely! I really like those speckles too!

Erum Tasneem said...

this is a gorgeous card, I'd like to know what dimensions you sue to make your cards?

Kari said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!!! I love everything about it!!! Great choice of colors!!! This is one of my favorites for sure!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the look of the verse over the image and the textured background is so cool, LOVE it!