Friday, April 3, 2009

The Greatest of These is Love



When I got married, my husband and I, like so many others, had 1 Corinthians 13 read at our wedding. My twin sister and maid of honor, Jennifer, read the passage for us. It was an evening wedding in November, so I went pretty formal with the ceremony, opting for the Scripture to be read in the beautiful sounding King James version - you know, the one full of "eths": "love never faileth," "does not vaunteth itself," "rejoiceth in the truth," etc. My sister, a mischief-maker and jokester who loves to torment me, threatened to end the reading with, "and the greatest of these is loveth." She didn't, but to this day, when I read this passage, I get a good chuckle at the thought.

You won't find any extra "eth's" in the new love- and wedding-theme stamps just released by Our Daily Bread Designs. These are some gorgeous sets! I paired the last verse from 1 Corinthians 13 (from the set called Love) with some yummy La Creme designer paper by Die Cuts With a View to create a classy black-white-ivory wedding card. I included the wedding sentiment (from Love One Another) on the inside:



You can see the three new sets in full, plus the 1 Corinthians single stamp, at Our Daily Bread Designs.

I thanketh you for stopping by today ;)

Before I sign off ... if you happen to be going to the Copic certification class at The Queen's Ink in Maryland this Sunday, please email me. I'll be there, and would love to know who to look for!



Stamps: Love One Another and Love (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: SU Basic Black, Papertrey White, DCWV La Creme dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: oval Nestabilities, clear embossing powder, foam adhesive, BossKut flourish die, Michael's silver and pearl buttons, Michael's flowers (from floral dept), Fiskars lace border punch, SU Top Note die, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Offray ribbon
Size: 5 1/2" square

39 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

WOWSERS! Totally stunning!!
Have funeth at your Copic classeth!
LOL

Danielle said...

This is so stunningly elegant Amy - totally gorgeous!! Your attention to detail really is incredible and makes your work stand out well above the rest! Have fun at the copic cert. class - wishing I could be there!
Hugs, Danielle

Niki Estes said...

I just saw this on SCS, too. It's absolutely gorgeous! The black and white is perfect and I love the pearls, too!

Renée said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! Love the b&w theme, the buttons ... the verse is beautiful too.

I guess we're one of the few that did not use this passage! Ours was from Ruth!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty Amy!! I love all the background details too! :)
--Hugs Becca

Anonymous said...

I used that same passage tooooo - minus the -eths...! *LOL* This card is BEEEE-YOOO-TIFUL, Amy! You always make my eyes widen whenever I come to visit!

Have fun at the Copic Certification, I wish I had known who was going to be at the one I attended, it's only now after the class that I visit people and realize they were at the same one that I was in and I could have said hello!!!

Kim said...

Amy, Amy, Amy!!!!! Be stilleth my heart! I thinketh this card is one of my all-time favorites! Thou didest well! ha!

Riet said...

wowww Amy,what a beautiful card,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy this is breathtaking.

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card Amy! Very elegant and well put together! :)

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Dare I sayeth that thou has outdoneth oneselfeth?

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Woweth!!! This is stunning Amy, and I got a chuckle from your story - thanks for sharing it! I wish I was going to the Copic class...hope you have a great time!

June Houck said...

I actually gasped when I saw this card. It is breathtaking...literally!

I am glad to know The Queen's Ink is still around. It was my first stamp store :)

Denise Marzec said...

Holy ELEGANCE, Batman!! Wowwwieeee!

Chriss Blagrave said...

stunningly awesome Amy. You have outdone yourself!

Linda Carson said...

Very elegant & very creative! Love it!

Carole said...

We used the song for the passage.

But I have to tell my story, my brother during his wedding was afraid he would say "bears love all things" instead of "love bears all things". He did say it correctly.

Beatiful card - love your work!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING Amy!!

Becky said...

Amy this is just stunning, I know I sound like I am repeating every one :). But it is, I love every thing about this, so creative, and I love the black and white, and O ya! love the inside :).

Kelley said...

I loveth this cardeth!!! Totally splendeth!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love this card. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the layers and those buttons are on my shopping list now. TFS!

Crystal said...

A masterpiece, Amy ! Loveth your story !

Unknown said...

Stylish, elegant, crisp and not so plainly gorgeous!!!!
Viv xxx

Nancy Riley said...

Stunning! So many grand elements in your design to make one breathtaking creation! Well done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Stunning and very elegant!!! I just love black and white - perfect look for a wedding card!!!

Karen Giron said...

WOWWW! Amy, this is so elegant and beautiful - SO perfect, love it!

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a gorgeously rich creation with so much meaning in and behind the sentiment. Hugs from Desire

AlienAnessa said...

This card is so stinkin' elegant, I am SOOOOOOOO "case"ing this!! I just love how you did every single solitary thing!!

Lorelie Kim said...

A real STUNNA!! Love the gorgeous buttons and flower!

Kathy Jones said...

Ohhhhhhh.....my jaw just dropped open! What a stunning, elegant wedding card! Love the story that you've put with it too!! :)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Amy this is truly amazing!!! So elegant!

Michelle Woerner said...

Girlie, this is amazing. Simply stunning. Your work has been blowing me away lately. The stuff I want to make when I grow up!! LOL! Hugs to you my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! Beautiful and elegant!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Did you post this on the bread basket? Did I miss this gorgeous creation? I mean gorgeous Amy!! Love it!! You so inspire me!!!

Angel said...

WOWsers, Amy. This is GORGEOUS!

ThemeWeddingIdeas said...

Great items.So classy and timeless. Brides, see www.creative-theme-wedding-ideas.com
for other theme wedding ideas

Libby Hickson said...

So elegant and beautiful! Love those buttons.

America said...

Oh Amy-eth, this is quite beautiful-eth... I so Loveth!!!

Samsung toner cartridges said...

I personally admire this Greeting card Verrrry much! I cannot say anything in regards to its flaws because while looking at it, I can't find any! This greeting card sure does look like a card that will most definitely put a smile on someones face, a memorable smile too! Who knows, maybe this card might just be the next big thing in Hallmark or any other big greeting card company, but you never know until you give it a shot! :) Hopefully, I can find myself walking into my local thrift store and pick up this actual card! Well, let's all hope so!