Friday, June 19, 2009

Thanks, Coach



I made some gift card holders for the two coaches of my daughter's softball team using Papertrey's All-Star Team and All-Star Team Additions - love these sets, by the way! The papers are from My Mind's Eye Breaking Free collection.

The style is a tri-fold, with the finished size just slightly larger than a standard gift card. The top flap folds down and tucks behind the corduroy button/punched circle accent to keep the holder closed. When you open the top flap, you see both the "Just Play, Have Fun, Enjoy the Game" sentiment from All-Star Team Additions as well as a "World's Best Coach" sentiment that I made by putting together "World's Best" from Verve's World's Best set and spelling out the word "Coach" using my JustRite Stamper and the Brayton font. (Do you see where I punched the slit in the wrong place? Grrrr.)



And last, when the card is fully opened, you see a middle panel, which I decorated to include the names of the five girls who gave the gift card. I cut five triangles for pennants and wrote one of the girl's names on each, then hand-drew the string. I also hand-wrote the "To," "From" and amount info.



Maybe I went a little overboard on the whole "privacy" thing, smudging out all that info, but my sister just about scared me to death the other day with some things she had learned at a recent internet safety training class that she took as part of her job as a high school administrator. You can never be too careful!

Hate to say goodbye on that note - sorry! Thanks for stopping by today!



Stamps: All-Star Team and All-Star Team Additions (Papertrey Ink); World's Best (Verve Stamps); Brayton font (JustRite Stampers)
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie and Basic Gray card stock; My Mind's Eye Breaking Free dp
Ink: SU Pumpkin Pie and Basic Gray; Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: SU corduroy buttons, small star punch, slit punch; Creative Memories 1" punch; May Arts burlap string; edge distressing tool

18 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

TOTALLY cool!!!!! Love the pennants inside too!

Niki Estes said...

These is so cute, Amy! I love the colors and the pennants! I don't blame you a bit for blurring the name. I don't like to post things about my kids online either. Too many sickos out there. Hope you have a great weekend!

Jody Morrow said...

Very nice gift! :) Love it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Amy! I LOVE this!

Gretchen said...

So cute Amy! I love that DP! Nice gift for the coaches.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are adorable Amy!! Love them!! The colors and design are perfect but then again what creation of yours is not!
hugs,
Chris

Jami said...

Oh ya....these rock! I love the little pendants on the inside, and these fantastic colors!!

Denise said...

These are awesome Amy! I love the cool paper, and the little pennants are such a cute touch!!

AlienAnessa said...

This is so gosh-dang cute Amy!! Love this so much!

Sankari W. said...

Amy - you are truly such an inspiration to me! I am just blown away by all the details that you put into every card of yours - not only the front but insides, upsides, backsides - ALL sides!!! So beautiful!! I LOVE this go Team Card!! I totally would love to CASE it - but there is no way that it could ever achieve the perfection you have created!!! Sending you big hugs!!!
I would put a smiley face here like so :) but instead I am going to put a face with its mouth open in AWE!!!

:0 Sankari ;)

Angel said...

I LOVE this, Amy! It's perfect for the coach. I am sure he or she will love it!

Amy Rohl said...

I love this idea, Amy! I think you've finally inspired me to ink up this set as well--love what you've done with it!

Tell me/us more about the internet privacy stuff, too!

Hugs,
Amy

Brandi Parshley said...

So fun! I LOVE those papers just perfect for a "sporty" gift card holder. I'm sure they are going to love those, and the gift cards too!

Kathy Jones said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is simply amazing, just layer after layer of gorgeousness!!!! You're amazing Amy!!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Love the idea of the pennants! Such a great gift idea, Amy!!

Bethany Paull said...

I just love orange and teal together. And these are such cool gift card holders with that great tri fold design.

Leslie said...

I love these little gift card holders. I love the colors the best! Your designs are always stunning!

Please check my freebies for the week if you have time.

www.creativecrafting08.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

Love the pennant idea, I remember my brother having these all over his room as a teenager, gives me an idea for his birthday, TFS!