Monday, November 2, 2009

MFTeaser - Pure Innocence



The My Favorite Things design team has been waiting soooooo patiently to unveil a brand-new line, and today is finally the day! MFT Presents .... Pure Innocence! This darling little girl is going to be melting hearts all over blogland!! She can be yours on Wednesday night at 10 pm! There will be FIVE different Pure Innocence images, and I'm betting you won't be able to pick just one. The whole DT gang is posting MFTeasers today - hope you'll check them out!

Barbara Anders
Christina Fischer
Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Rone
Joanne Basile
Jody Morrow
Kathy Daume
Kim Van der Sanden
Kirsten DuBosque
Michele Boyer
Natalie Dever
Susan Liles
and guest designer Melody Rupple




My little snow girl is from a set called Snow Day. I stamped her on a Perfect Paper Panel, paper pieced her clothing (except for the boots and mittens), and colored the rest with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I've added some minimal embellishments - three button-topped light pink snowflakes, a bit of celery green ribbon, and some scallop trim and glitter pearls on the sentiment panel. She is layered onto a Stampin' Up Top Note diecut that I fashioned into a tag for a White Chocolate Raspberry gourmet cocoa cone. A great little gift item to have on hand during the holidays. (I couldn't find the cone-shaped treat bags to make my own, so I had to buy this one for a ridiculous $6! Anyone know a place that carries the cone-shaped treat bags? I know I've seen them before, but all I could find were the disposable cake decorating bags, which would work, but the plastic is a little thicker and a bit cloudy. If you have a source, please share as a comment - thanks!)

Here's a closer look at the adorable image. See how I gave her some pink cheeks and freckles?



Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Snow Day (My Favorite Things)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panels, K&Co Peppermint Twist mat pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, blending stump, Spellbinders oval and tag dies, Stampin' Up Top Note die, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, EK Success scallop border punch, Papertrey buttons, MFT glitter pearls, SU celery ribbon, May Arts string

39 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

Can I just say that I love this!! She is adorable! Love her paper pieced coat and the scallop strip under the tag. Gorgeous!!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely darling, Amy!!!

Chris said...

this is a must have!

Jackie Pedro said...

This image is just the cutest!!!

Kim said...

Ack! She even has freckles??? Sigh. I LOVE her!

Jenn said...

Oh good golly - this is so sweet! I can't wait to see the rest of these great new images! :) Hope you're doing well, Amy!

June Houck said...

Oh, dear...I can't pick a favorite image from the 3 days of teasers! I suppose I am going to need them all :)

Craftin' in the Rain said...

I love this stamp, it is on my list. Love your paper piecing too!

Michelle H said...

I love this! I am looking forward to the release day!

Melody said...

She is absolutely adorable! I love them ALL!

Catherine said...

You can find cone shaped bags at http://www.essentialpackaging.com/

they will ship to the USA in regular mail

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing!! wow!!!

Barbara said...

OMGosh!! Amy, this is over the top cute!! Love her little coat and the freckles! Too stinkin' CUTE!

Lynn Put said...

This is so darn precious!!! Everything you do turns out beautiful!

Andrea said...

Oh dear - I fear this will be expensive!!! I love her :)

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwwww, she IS adorable...LOVE HER!!! Your tag is so sweet with such beautiful details...AWESOME!

Denise Marzec said...

P.S. I got a box of cone shaped icing bags at AC Moore (and I imagine Michael's carries them too) and just snipped off the top portion....and there it is, instant cone shaped treat bag.

Dawn B. said...

She most definitely will melt many hearts. Love this new image.. So sweet. Great job Amy..

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh how cute!!!!

Shantaie said...

Oh so sweet, her paper pieced jacket is just darling, and the cocoa cone looks yummo-licious!
Shantaie

Michelle said...

Isn't this adorable! When I saw it I was going ask you for your source for the bags.....but I see you went the expensive route...let me know if someone shares a good site! I'd love to get some of these!

Tina said...

loving this line of stamps. Great sample thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

too fricken adorable!

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Amy,a lovely image!
Clairex

Unknown said...

amy...this is too cute! i love, love, love it! love how you used your green ribbon...ingenious!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Cheryl said...

do you have a recipe for the cocoa, it sounds wonderful. I love this idea, how creative!

TeresaM said...

Such a cutie! Snow Day is definitely on my MUST-HAVE list!

Country Mouse said...

Super sweet! I love this!!! Great job!

Brenda said...

Love the sweet little innocent girl. My granddaughters are just passing that age. Boo Hoo.

Here is a source for the cone shaped bags, cheap.

http://www.createforless.com

Lori Barnett said...

This image is as cute as them come! EVERYONE is gonna want to own her...especially after looking at your project! Wonderful work as always :)

Gretchen said...

Soooo CUTE! Love her (and the other peeks too!)

Jody Morrow said...

LOVE this! SO cool!

purplestamper316 said...

The pink snowflakes are my favorite ! Just a beautiful gifty! Thanks for sharing <><

Unknown said...

one of my fav ideas for quick christmas gifts...you are, as usual, amazing!!

Amy Rohl said...

oh I can't stand it, Amy--she is a doll, and her coat, oh her coat--just so perfect!

Minxy said...

A delightful ickle tag to warm the heart strings :)

hugs minxy

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, this is adorable! I have to get these new stamps!

Kelly said...

Cute idea, I was wondering what you put in your bag?

I get my cone shaped bags from WR Display, 100 for $8.90 plus tax Canadian. You can check their site at www.retailsupplies.net or email at info@wrdisplay.ca

Hope this helps.

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow! She is soooo cute! I love her plaid jacket and freckles! Stinkin' adorable!