Saturday, March 6, 2010

Have I Toad You Lately



I get such a kick out of this fun frog/toad image from Penny Black called Viva Diva. Here, I've put it together with some new My Mind's Eye Little Boy Blue papers to make a card for my husband. The sentiment on the front is computer-generated. And the inside includes an "i love you" sentiment (I used a sentiment from a Penny Black Valentine set I already had on hand). I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, and colored with Tombow Markers, then finished it off with a natural 5/8" twill bow, a wooden button, and some Maya Road Scallop Brown Vintage Crochet Trim, all available from Stamper's Dream.

Stamper's Dream has load of new Penny Black images, plus tons of other new products arriving almost daily (Tosh and I were good CHA shopping helpers {wink}). You can find all the new things under New Arrivals.

Here's the inside:





The layout is this week's Sketch For You To Try:



And in case you missed it in my last post, there's LOTS more inspiration this week due to some new faces on the SFYTT team! YAY!!

Jen del Muro with guest designer Angie Tieman
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Jenn Diercks
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Susan Liles

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Gabriela said...

Amy - what a magnificently colored frog/toad. You've perfectly captured it's roundness and actual color. I practically expected it to jump right off the page and into my lap! Sheer perfection!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! LOVE that cute little toad, the papers you matched to it, and you totally rocked that sketch!

Jen del Muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

toad-ally cuuute!

Dawn Easton said...

How cute, Amy! That frog is adorable!

Oliwiaen said...

I love the colouring - simply perfect! And a great take on the sketch, too!

Denise Marzec said...

Hehe, that frog cracks me up. I love how you colored it! Beautiful card, inside and out!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, like how realistic he looks!

Kelly Lunceford said...

How cute! I am sure your husband will love this! You are such a sweet wife!

Anna Fearer said...

What a sweet card. Lovely work

Karen said...

This is sooo beautiful!
Hugs,
Karen.