Saturday, September 18, 2010

Real Flowers Birthday



Can I just first say that my mojo is G-O-N-E, gone! I think I left it at the animal shelter last weekend when I finalized kitten adoption paperwork, because ever since we brought sweet Rocki home, I've wanted to do little else but cuddle with her! Good times! Except for this morning at 4 am, when the meowing began in earnest. Thus (in part) the delay in my post today. Just didn't have time get this photographed between oversleeping and rushing off to back-to-back football games. I feel like I'm letting y'all down double today!

Today's card is my sample for Jen's Sketch For You To Try. The flowers are from Hero Arts' Real Flowers set. I stamped them onto Prism Simply Smooth White in various VersaMagic inks. The fun die-cut frame is the Frame Back Ornate #6 by Sizzix. Patterned paper scraps are from Prima's new Fairy Flora 6x6 pad. The tag holds the sentiment "Celebrate Your Day" from Flourishes' Fanciful Flourishes set.

Here's the sketch:



And here's the rest of the gang with more sketch inspiration:

Jen del Muro with guest designer, Tori Wild
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles

Another look in different lighting:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


17 comments:

Jenn Diercks said...

I know my animals cut into my stamping time, especially when they are new in my house and learning to behave. That happens every few weeks with the foster pets here.

I think your card is beautiful. I love the layers of white and the mat around your main image. There are so many wonderful details on this card.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Congrats on your new little beastie! I used to have a wonderful Basenji named Rocky, btw. And if this is what you do mojo-less? I'll have what you're having! :)

Jodi Collins said...

Congrats on your new kittie!!! Can't wait to see pics! I have four...cats are like potato chips...you can't have just one :) I think your mojo is rockin! LOVE your card!

Amber Hight said...

Okay, your mojo hasn't gone ANYWHERE!!! Are you insane??? LOL! This is a beautiful card Amy, love the loopy mat panel! Can't wait to see pics of Rocki:) Baby pets are alot like baby kids I imagine, need all your extra time!

Sabrina said...

I agree, your mojo hasn't gone anywhere. This is absolutely gorgeous!! With the weather being so much like late Fall here, this brings back the feeling of spring and summer when looking at it. Love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Pam Hornschu said...

What a gorgeous card with such yummy colors. TFS

Pam
www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com

Gabriela said...

Love your card Amy - congratulations on your new kitty. Good for you!

Unknown said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this card, Amy! I have to disagree with you about your mojo being gone! It's exactly where it's supposed to be! :)

Unknown said...

I wish my mojo was as bad as yours!!!
Amy, you never let anyone down!!
(Don't blame you with your new fur-baby, I'd be exactly the same)!
Your card is fabulous, I love the colour scheme and the little doodads here and there. Brilliant!
Hugs Viv xxx

Megan said...

Letting us down? With this beauty? NEVER!! I love that frame and how that sweet butterfly is on the bow!

Marisa said...

If my cards looked like that when my mojo was gone I'd be adopting kittens daily LOL!

Love all the white space and the flowers are beautiful. Fun frame around them too.

Give Rocki a snuggle for me and make sure you post a picture! Nothing is nicer than a purring cat in your lap, that's for sure - enjoy :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Amy!! Love your take on the sketch, your image, and the soft colors and stitching. Beautiful!!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

What you meen? mojo gone??? This card is wonderful. Just had to say that. i love it, so calm and beautiful. love the pastel.And i have to follow cause there is so much beauty in here. thanks and hugs bettina.

Corinne said...

magnifique!!
bises de la France

Mari said...

This has so much gorgeous mojo in it that I'm falling down! :)
Love, love, love this! Gorgeous colors and perfect layers (as always!).

Kathy Jones said...

If that's what happens when you have no mojo, then I'll have what your having!!! This is beautiful and as always, beautifully detailed!!!