Monday, October 18, 2010

Nature


Some gorgeous BoBunny designer paper arrived by mail last week (came in my Paper Posies monthly kit), and I couldn't wait one second to make something with it! Once upon a time teal was THE color, and I was *all* about it! Maybe it was the teal velvet dresses I forced my bridesmaids to wear. Or the teal floral arrangements on the tables at the reception (really ... can you imagine anything more unnatural?). In any case, I overdosed (badly) on teal. Fast-forward nearly 17 years. I'm having a hard time believing it, but I absolutely LOVE this BoBunny pattern, teal and all!

By the way, I had a similar color overdose in the late '80s, that time it was "mauve." I can assure you I will never recover from that one. It's far too indelibly seared into my memory of an awful freshman year experience with my assigned roommate and my unassigned roommate (her boyfriend). A co-ed dorm was cool, a co-ed room was not {eyeroll}. What about you? Is there a particular color to which you have a strong emotional response, either positive or negative?

Anyhoo ... back to the card. Beautiful paper needs a beautiful sentiment, which is when I always turn to my beloved Verve. This sentiment is the new Every Season Plain Jane from the current Autumn 2010 Release. I stamped in Ranger Walnut Stain, die-cut with a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen Nestabilities die, then sponged on a little Old Paper Distress Ink before removing the die.  A sweet, looped ribbon treatment and some lace trim create a base for the sentiment. A little distressing on the edges because, well, it makes me happy :)

Have a great day, friends!


11 comments:

Danni said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Amy this is so elegant. Just love it.

Oliwiaen said...

I was head over heals for brown, until I all my furniture was dark brown. Now I'm all for white. My husband just rolls his eyes ;-)))

As for teal - didn't have any particular feeling towards it, but now it's growing on me ;-))

Oliwiaen said...

OMG, hEEls! Too little sleep, I suppose...

Linda L said...

Yep my bridesmaid wore teal 18 years ago too lol....and I still love it...it still remains one of my favourite colours.

dpkennedy said...

This is so gorgeous! I'm trying not to think of the teal wedding...but this is very elegant, lol! I'm sure your wedding was too!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Amy!! Love the DP and the nestie shape to frame the sentiment. Gorgeous ribbon treatment and lace as well :) I love teal too :)

Erin Smetak said...

Beautiful card, as always!!! I see your work all the time, and decided it's been WAY too long since I have left you a comment!!!! I just love your style!

As for a color, well, I hate to say this, because you love this color, but I HATE teal! For some reason, I just cannot stomach that color! I give all of my teal cardstock to a friend, I won't even keep it w/ my other cardstock!
I really don't have any other aversions to color, just that one! LOL!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the ribbon treatment, just gorgeous!

Cary M. said...

Another beautiful card.
My 1987 wedding color was mauve.
Boy did I love that color it was
all over my house too.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, just love the lace and your fancy ribbon treatment!