Wednesday, January 12, 2011

JustRite Week: Day Three



Welcome to Day 3 of JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream! Today, I'm sharing a sympathy card that I made using a new set called You Inspire Me. I started with one of the ornate frames, stamped it in Brushed Corduroy, then die-cut it with a Spellbinders Labels Five die. On top of that I added a circle frame, also from You Inspire Me, stamped in Walnut Stain and die-cut with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die. And last, I added a sentiment flag. Since I needed a sympathy card, I picked out the "With Sympathy" sentiment from Fancy Tags. Love how easy it is to mix and match JustRite sets!

For the embellishment cluster, I used some rich brown satin ribbon, two flowers, pearl hat pins, and some Webster's Pages netting (fun stuff!):



My layout is based on Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, #99:




Be sure to check out the rest of today's JustRite Week designs!

Michelle
Teresa
Tosh
Lea
Christina


Thanks so much for visiting!

23 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Amy!!!

Eva said...

Amy, this is one YUMMY, STUNNING card...so love your pretty flower cluster and the papers you used and the new stamps are to die for! Hugs...

Sheri said...

GORGEOUS! Love the cluster of flowers and the dp is AMAZING! TFS!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the clustered stamped tags, and the netting is such a fabulous touch!! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Girl, you totally amaze me with your awesome talent! This is truly gorgeous in every elegant detail! Stunning!!!

Charlotte said...

OMG! What an exquisite card! Love every single detail! The stitching around the label is wonderful. And,I love the little bit of tulle you added to your ribbon/flower/hat pin bouquet. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

OH MY!! What a BEAUTY!! Absolutely stunning! LOVE it!

Marisa said...

Total gorgeousness, Amy :)

Oliwiaen said...

So beautiful and so comforting! And another fantastic take on a sketch - I love how you follow the guidelines!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Allison said...

What a soft and beautiful card! I love that embellishment cluster!

Kim Teasdale said...

Stunning! I love how you can make something as simple as a sentiment into a complete work of art! Wow!

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is stunning.

dpkennedy said...

I really like this sketch! I love how you can add so many different elements and embellishments and your cards are always stunning. If I tried that it would look like my stash threw up on my card! This is gorgeous!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful and elegant Sympathy card Amy, love that cluster and the dp you used. I have that dp too...somewhere :)

Heidi Karpen said...

So soothing and pretty- just gorgeous!

Sara Lambert said...

I have a question since I am SUPER new to the stitching on layouts (whether card or scrapbook page) but do you handstitch or do you use a machine. If you use a machine which one?
Thank you!!
Sara

kANNAdyjka said...

This card is a real beauty...well, all of you cards are stunning! Could you please Amy tell me the secret, which designer paper did you use-It's beautiful! It looks to me like K & Company? Is it?

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful as always Amy!

Conniecrafter said...

Just Gorgeous, love how the netting matches the paper and draws it all together, pretty layering of the border punches too!

Susie Lessard said...

So beautifully done Amy. I love the fonts from JustRite. Adding sentiments to my cards is something I need to work on too.

Erum Tasneem said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the choice of embelishments!