Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deepest Sympathy



Helloooooo, blog friends! I feel like I've been gone forever! I am so grateful to have made it home from CHA Tuesday evening right on schedule. I know many others are still trying to get home, and my prayers are with them for patience and safe travel.

Michelle (who should finally arrive home this evening, a full 48 hours later than planned) and I had fun shopping, taking pictures, and visiting with friends new and old. So much for blogging from the show, huh? Just not enough time! I promise to post at least a few photos sometime in the next few days, though.

I finally got my crafting mojo going today and put together a sympathy card. Sadly, I'm in need of a few of these. The papers are all from Basic Grey's Cappella collection and the sentiment is from JustRite's Sympathy Nested Sentiments set. I've layered die-cuts in this order: the darker gray-brown in the very back is a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen die-cut that I cut in half horizontally and overlapped slightly to make it a little more rectangular. Next is a striped pattern cut with the Sizzix Frame Back Ornate #6 Bigz Die, followed by a light blue Spellbinders Labels Fourteen die-cut and then a smaller white floral Labels Fourteen die-cut. Accents include some pleated brown satin ribbon, Kaisercraft Pewter pearls, ivory trim, and a Martha Stewart punched butterfly.

I'm betting many of you are like me and really struggle with what to write in a sympathy card. This inside sentiment, also from JustRite's Sympathy Nested Sentiments is a perfect beginning ...



Thanks so much for stopping by! If you're in an area that's being hit hard with bad, or just cold, weather, stay safe and warm!



Stamps: Sympathy Nested Sentiments (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede card stock, Papertrey Rustic White card stock, Basic Grey Cappella designer paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Spellbinders Labels Fourteen Nestabilities, Sizzix Frame Back Ornate #6 Bigz die, Spellbinders Labels Sixteen Nestabilities, Offay brown satin ribbon, May Arts ivory crochet trim, Kaisercraft Pewter self-adhesive pearls, distressing tool, foam tape
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card as always, Amy!! I NEED to get that MS Butterfly punch LOL! Great colours and that DP is gorgeous. Glad you had fun at CHA and made it home safe and sound.

Pauline said...

Amy, this is gorgeous! Love all your layers and the paper is perfect.

Andrea Ewen said...

This is so elegant Amy, I love the papers, the design and all the lovely accents you've added. Always just enough and always perfectly placed. Glad you made it home safe and sound! Looking forward to seeing pics from the show!

Susie L. said...

This is so lovely Amy. I thought about you a lot this past week and hoped you would get home safely. Andrea is right; always enough and always perfectly balanced in design and sentiment. You're the best my friend.

Sherri said...

This is one of the most beautiful sympathy cards I have ever seen! Getting this with all the obvious time & love that you put into it would give a lot of comfort to any family.

ChristineCreations said...

Such gorgeous layering Amy! I'm just going to pull out this paper for a project that is so far only in my head :)

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is absolutly.
WOW!
Annette

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card Amy, like you, I struggle with making them. I can't wait to see your CHA photos, glad you made it home safe and sound.

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card Amy, like you, I struggle with making them. I can't wait to see your CHA photos, glad you made it home safe and sound.

Sheila said...

this is beautiful...very effective!

Oliwiaen said...

Yes, I felt like you'd been gone forever too!
Sympathy cards are probably the most difficult to make, and to write. Your is a perfect one, be sure!

Mari said...

I pretty much love every single thing about this card! The layers are so lush (your talent, for sure!) but still so serene. Gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

so lovely...wish I had a little bit of your talent for layering, neat distressing and such pretty ribbon treatment!
glad you made it home safely :)