Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Friendship Blooms Birthday

 
I apologize I'm so late making good on yesterday's promise to show another fun idea for JustRite's Friendship Blooms set. I feel like the whole day just vanished! Like yesterday's card, today's focuses on two patterned flower images in the Friendship blooms set. I was playing around with Crate Paper's new Emma's Shoppe collection and remembered some handmade flowers the Crate Paper girls were featuring on the CP blog a little while back. Which inspired me to see if I could make something more dimensional with the JustRite flower images.

Here's a closer look at what I came up with:



And here's how I made them ...



1. Stamp two large flowers, one small flower, and one center. Trim them out.



2. Using a scoring tool (I used my Scor-Pal), score the two larger flowers as shown (I flipped one over so you could see the scoring better). Fold each score line and crease with a bone folder.


 3. Cut out one petal from each flower.



 4. Add adhesive to the back of one petal as shown. (Do this for both flowers).




5. Hold both petals together with the notch facing up. 


6. Rotate the top flower clockwise two petals so that the petal to the left of the notch is on top of the petal to the right of the notch on the bottom flower. Adhere top and bottom petal together.

7. Accordian-fold, beginning with the two petals you just glued together. (Starting with a valley fold hides the seam better.) Note: after the first double-petal, you'll be folding the bottom flower only at this point.

8. When you reach the end of the bottom flower (let's call it B), pull it in front of the top flower (we'll call this one A). Secure the last petal of  flower B to the first petal of flower A.


 9. Finish accordian-folding the rest of the flower.


10. I adhered the small flower using a stack of foam adhesive (I used four of Stampin' Up's dimensionals).


 

11. Top with a flower center and embellish (glitter, gems, buttons, etc.) as desired.


That's it! I'm thinking you could use these steps to turn any circular image into an accordian-fold rosette. And if you want more peaks and valleys, add a third flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of your sweet comments. Sometimes I wonder if there's any possible way all of you could know how much you mean to me! My sincerest heartfelt thanks!!






Stamps: Friendship Blooms and Just Ducky [sentiment]  (JustRite)
Paper: Papertrey Rustic White, Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe designer paper
Ink: Ranger Barn Door Distress Ink,  Papertrey Summer Sunrise, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Scor-Pal, foam tape, May Arts red jumbo ricrac ribbon, pinking shears, corner rounder, The Twinery twine, Stampin' Up branch die, Buttons Galore Tuxedo buttons, May Arts ivory burlap string
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

23 comments:

Mieke said...

Woww, it's lovely Amy. I like it.

Have a nice evening.

Gr. Mieke

http://hethobbyhoekje-vanmieke.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love your card Amy!!
Those flowers are so stunning for adding dimension - thanks for the inspiration ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Tanya said...

This is beautiful Amy! I love the colors and those flowers, gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial on them. :)

Jen Shults said...

Oh wow! That's really gorgeous!! I have to say I probably wouldn't have looked twice at those stamps but now that I see this I'm pretty sure I have to have them. GORGEOUS idea and creation!

Sheree said...

Beeeeautiful!! Love those flowers Amy! The whole card is stunning!

Oliwiaen said...

How innovative! A beautiful way to use stamps, I love it!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Amy--super tutorial and those flowers are just too darn cute!
Love the colors and papers you used on your card, it's wonderfully cheery and de-light-ful!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I can't wait ti try this...but first I need to order these beautiful stamps. Great job!
Mackie

Janelle Stollfus said...

That's a very cool rosette tutorial, Amy! And such a stunning card. Love it!

Laura Pryor said...

I want to be you when I grow up! :)
I don't even know what else to say. This project is so amazing and creative!

Kellie Fortin said...

Amy -- your JustRite Blooms are simply FABULOUS!! Girl you Rock!! And your card is like a breath of Spring!!! Yes ---it is still snowing in Maine!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Totally out of the box. Tammie. Camposdvj@comcast.net

Leslie Miller said...

The flowers look great! Nice job, and a super cute card, Amy!

Barbara Schram said...

OMGoodness AMY these are fabulous! I must give this a try...thank you for the how to details! I love visiting here, you are such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love how you used the JustRite Blooms. They are so pretty. The colors really make them stand out.

Unknown said...

How very creative...and totally awesome! :) Thanks for the picture tutorial. I am such a visual person, and I know I can do that after seeing this. xoxo

Darlene said...

How super fun is that! You are so creative, sheeeesh! I love the colors and as always, the tiny touches you add that make your creations extra special.
Thanks for sharing!

Beth Norman said...

Your card is so gorgeous. Love the colour combination. Your combinations are always so lovely. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial.

Melisa Hunter said...

What gorgeous flowers! Thanks for the tutorial!

Peggy said...

Great job Amy. Love the dimensional flowers.
God bless,
PeggyS

dpkennedy said...

You're a genius! I love this card! Those flowers are gorgeous!

colleen kramer said...

lOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for such clear directions.

Tigriswillreign said...

This is just fabulous! I was wondering if you'd consider a video tutorial since I'm having difficulty following the instructions... Would LOVE it!
Thanks!