Thursday, May 26, 2011

You're In My Prayers


I have a thing for small country chapels, so Impression Obsession's Church cling stamp really speaks to me. Inspired by the muted tones of the Melissa Frances 5th Avenue paper pack, I stamped the image in a lighter color and opted to sponge on some light blue ink in lieu of more full-blown coloring. I like the soft look! The beautiful die-cut frame is the largest die from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nestabilities.





The sentiment, "You're in my Prayers," is from JustRite's new Just Because Mini Sentiments set. I can see getting lots and lots of mileage from the sentiments in this set! I stamped the sentiment in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, then die-cut it with JustRite's Nested Frames Custom Dies by Spellbinders.




Let's talk about Kaisercraft's Paper Blooms -- love them! Why? They're available in 17 luscious colors, each pack has ten blooms of varying shapes and sizes, the packs (all but white) have some slight color variations among them, and they're reasonably priced. I also like that they're a more modest size and style - wonderful as accents without overpowering whatever else you've got going on with your card or project.

Other card details include: Maya Road trinket pins, lace trim, crinkled seam binding, Kaisercraft  adhesive pearls, and a layer of vellum to add to the soft feel. I also spritzed the whole card front with some Sparkle Psst Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko.

Before I go, a word of thanks for the prayers and support last week when I posted about a loss within my extended family. Hugs and love to all!





Stamps: Church Cling Set (Impression Obsession); Just Because Mini Sentiments (JustRite)
Paper: Stampin' Up White Naturals card stock, Melissa Frances 5th Avenue, Papertrey vellum
Ink: Papertrey Smokey Shadow, Stampin' Up Soft Sky, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, VersaMagic Wheat
Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nestabilities and Deckle Rectangle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Nested Frames Custom Dies for JustRite, Kaisercraft Coconut Paper Blooms and adhesive pearls, Maya Road trinket pins, crinkled seam binding, lace trim, vellum, paper piercer, needle, thread, foam tape, Tsukineko Sparkle Psst Shimmer Spritz
Size: 6" square

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and stamp!!! love it!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is just beautiful!!

Kelli said...

How Stunning!

Susanne said...

Thank you so much for your comments. I´m so sorry about your loss...Your sympathy card is so beautiful and show Big Love. I Love it! Many Hugs

Tanya said...

wow, this is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

stunning
barbara T

Marisa said...

Love the soft feel to this card! the flowers are grea as is the FDL die framing the focal image. Fab as always, Amy :)

coco.nut said...

it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Gabriela said...

Amy, your sympathy card makes my toes curl! It's that eye-fetching. Question: does the JustRite Just Because Mini Sentiment set of stamps come with a base? Or are they clear acrylic or cling type stamps? I'd like to know if I need to purchase a stamping block in order to use this set. Thanks so much.

Cary M. said...

Just lovely.

Sherri said...

Simply beautiful! one of the prettiest sympathy cards I've seen!

creativearts said...

Such a soft beautiful card!

Shantaie said...

Oh My Gasp! what a beautiful beautiful card!!! Did I mention beautiful??? WOW

Erum Tasneem said...

So stunning! Thanks for the inspiration.

Oliwiaen said...

I love the soft look too! And again, a beautiful combination of dies. You really make me desire every die you present in your work! :-)

Mimowolne Zauroczenia said...

Beautiful card!
pozdrawiam, Ja

Arlene said...

Absolutely stunning card! Love everything about it...just beautiful! TFS.
Arlene.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I like little country churches too. Reminds me of my Grandpa's church.

Love the card. It is so, so pretty!

Luanne said...

So soft and pretty Amy. I love the blues and the beautiful roses and trinket pins. Wonderful creation, sure to comfort the receiver!

Asia said...

Absolutely beautiful! Still I look and look... I love it!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely stamp, perfect for a sympathy card and it looks great all by itself, no need to color, great softness and calming to this creation!

Gretchen said...

This is so very beautiful!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

OMG!!!It's absolutely beautiful!!!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

This has got to be one of the prettiest cards I have every seen. It is beyond words.

Star Ark Creativity said...

I really like the card with the little white church it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great day :)
Delama

Libby Hickson said...

This is so incredibly soft and beautiful - really stunning!

Lorifiorelli@aol.com said...

Card with chapel makes me think of new england on a foggy Sunday morn. Thanks lori

Kathy Jones said...

OH. My. WORD. Amy this is simply exquisite - love everything about it!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft colors, and those flowers!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! The simple elgance really speaks volumes. It says more than the words alone could ever say ;)
Thinknig of you, hugs, Ruth S

Corinne said...

JUSTE SPLENDIDE!!!
BISES DE LA FRANCE

Simone P. said...

Your cards are such an inspiration! This is really beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

STUNNING...wow!

Susie said...

This is a beautiful card Amy. I really like your choice of softer color too. Stamping in a lighter "one" color was a perfect choice. This speaks to me as well. Of course ... it's also the style that drew me to your work from the beginning. Hope you're having a great start to the summer.

Hugs,
Susie~

Susie said...

Beautiful card Amy. I like the softer color and choosing a "one" color stamp was perfect for the piece. But ... it's also the style that drew me to your work in the beginning. Hope you are having a wonderful start to your summer.

Hugs,
Susie~