Thursday, June 23, 2011

And Many More


While in a vintage/shabby creative mindset, I put together this card for a friend's birthday. The papers are from Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime, including the main focal image, which I just cut from one of the patterns, and the angled postcard behind it (mostly covered up). I stamped a birthday sentiment from JustRite's Forever Friends cling set, die-cut it with one of JustRite's Charm dies, and tied it onto a length of crinkled seam binding using some May Arts ivory burlap string.



To add a little somethin' to the focal panel, I cut one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three in half and trimmed it a little in order to use it as left and right brackets. I also used a small accent image from Forever Friends to stamp a subtle border on the pink gingham pattern. I need to remember to stamp borders more often instead of reaching for punches and dies all the time!



I finished the inside, too -- haven't done that in a while, but I sure do love how the finished insides make the card feel so much more complete. The sentiment and frame are both from JustRite's Elegant Frames set. I accented again with Fancy Tags Three diecuts, one on the left and right and another on the top and bottom.

Thanks for visiting, and may you also have happiness today, tomorrow, and always!


13 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I just got this paper, can't wait to get into it. :)

g said...

this is so gorgeous! what fab papers and layers- you can so rock the vintage!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous colours and card, Amy! SO many amazing touches. Fabulous inside with the fancy tags! I'd save no room to write my novels though LOL!

dpkennedy said...

Gaw-juss!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Both are so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful !!!!!
Best regards, Berdien

Deborah said...

Just curious, Amy, because it's a dilemma I face sometimes. After you beautifully finish the inside of a card like this, do you sign it? If so, where?

kksb said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Your paper, layers and bling are all marvelous!

IWA said...

I like watching Your cards!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love all the details you put into this, neat idea to use the flourish from the tag and like how your stamped border goes with it so well

Tine said...

Hi Amy. I have only just found your blog. You have some beautiful creations.
Tine :)

Oliwiaen said...

I know I said that before, but I just have to repeat - I LOVE your use of dies!

Susie Lessard said...

So pretty Amy. I like the accent on the gingham border, I really do. EK Success has an edge punch called flower and flourishes that is very similar. Thank you for reminding us of the different ideas and ways to achieve a similar look. Of course you know how much I love that paper (sigh). I've been holding on to what I have left.

I really like the stamped border inside as well. But, I've always thought you finish off the inside of your cards nicely. Always a treat, Amy.