Friday, June 3, 2011

Out On A Limb For You


Just checking in with a quick post this beautiful Friday afternoon. I've put together a little something for the Color Throwdown Challenge #144:



The cutie-pie image, from Tree Limb Cling Stamp Set by Stampendous, is colored with Copic markers. The leaf trio and bird are popped up for dimension. The sentiment tag is one of those metal-rimmed tags that were sooooo popular a while back (like several years back!). The pink polka-dot panel was die-cut with a Grand Labels Four Nestabilities die using my Grand Calibur (love the big cutting size!). I pleated some woodgrain pattern paper in a kind of whimsical, sloppy fashion, then tied some hemp twine around it. To finish off, I added a random sprinkling of black buttons for a little pop. My papers are by My Mind's Eye. The pink, I believe, is from Life of the Party, and the green is from Out of the Blue.
Update: My bad ... the pink is from Tickled Pink and the green is from Happy Go Lucky. Sorry about that!

My youngest son and I went up to the local farm where we have our CSA membership to pick up our first box of produce today.

I loved watching Gabe jump on the giant jumping pillow ...


... while waiting for the tractor, which took us out to the u-pick strawberry fields ...


... where we picked these!

Bonus: those berries haven't been sprayed with a single chemical, the sky was a picture-perfect light blue, and the morning was breezy and in the mid-'70s. Does it get any better?

Have a great weekend!



19 comments:

Gretchen said...

Cute, cute card! Love the pleated paper and "sprinkle" of buttons! Isn't summer just the greatest for fresh fruits and veggies?! Our local farmers market/CSA opens next week and I can't wait! Have a great day :)

Marisa said...

Love way you sprinkled the buttons on the card. Might they be from Michael's dollar spot...they sure look like the ones I found there LOL! Great card and details.

Those berries look soooo good! LOVE the fact there are now sprays on them! We have a patch in our back yard and based on the blooms right now we should have a good crop! If (and that is a big if) we can restrain ourselves from eating them right off the vine, we may be able to pick enough of them to make some strawberry shortcake this year :)

Susie Lessard said...

Nope! Great photo's and sweet-as-strawberry pie card ;)

June Houck said...

Oh my, Gabriel has gotten so tall! Where is that baby boy?

Your card is precious, Amy. I really like the image, color scheme, and mini binder clip.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Perfect strawberries and fun with your son (which by the way is just too cute). And you made a cute card. I love how you layered and mixed in those pretty papers.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is darling, Amy! Great layout and use of the colors! As always, you ROCK! Thanks for joining us this week!

Nancy Thomas said...

What a sweet card - I love that image - beautifully done!

Marcie Sharp said...

Your card is very sweet and "fresh" looking- so bright, crisp and pretty! Love it!

Sherri said...

Love your card & your son is absolutely adorable as well! It sounds like you had the perfect day!

Playing with Paper said...

Your card is so cute that image is adorable!!! Looks like you had an awesome day!!

Arlene said...

This is super cute...love everything about it! Love how you added the buttons. Great job! :)

Evette K. said...

As I said on facebook...awesome day. And what yummy looking strawberries! You and your son had a glorious day I am sure. These days need to be remembered mom as these kids of ours grow way too fast. Do not know how mine got to be 32, 34, and 36 years young!!!!!!!!!!!! Cause I am only 39 plus. Tee hee hee.

Kristin Eberline said...

Your card is so ca-ute! I love how you popped up the leaf trio and the birdie, and your coloring is perfect! The pop of black buttons is so striking and I love your "sloppy" pleated, woodgrain paper :] LOL So glad you could join us at CTD this week.

How fun that you and Gabe had a date at the local farm to pick your own, untainted strawberries! Love that they have a bouncy bubble to occupy the little ones while waiting for the tractor...then the picking doesn't seem like "work" :] Clever! I would LOVE to make a trip to pick some strawberries with you guys one of these days. Sounds like FUN ♥

Kristin Eberline said...

Your card is so ca-ute! I love how you popped up the leaf trio and the birdie, and your coloring is perfect! The pop of black buttons is so striking and I love your "sloppy" pleated, woodgrain paper :] LOL So glad you could join us at CTD this week.

How fun that you and Gabe had a date at the local farm to pick your own, untainted strawberries! Love that they have a bouncy bubble to occupy the little ones while waiting for the tractor...then the picking doesn't seem like "work" :] Clever! I would LOVE to make a trip to pick some strawberries with you guys one of these days. Sounds like FUN ♥

Lea L. said...

This is so adorable Amy, and so different from what I am used to seeing from you! I love the colors, and the cuteness of it all! The scattering of black buttons is a perfect touch!

dpkennedy said...

Oh my gosh! This card is SO cute! I've been so busy I haven't been visiting my favorite blogs at all lately and I am missing out on so much! Love the picks of your son having fun and those yummy strawberries! They are my oldest sons favorite! Have a great weekend!

Broni said...

I love how precious that image is, and your layout is phenomenal, Amy!! I LOVE the photos of your summer day too! I spent last Saturday at a local farm, picking veggies for the local church's Food for the Needy drive. Very rewarding!

Luanne said...

Love seeing a picture of your sweet little Gabe! Looks like you had a wonderful time. (sigh) they grow up so fast...."

Stampendous said...

Adorable card! So sad now that this stamp is retired! Bet lots of stores still have it, though! What a terrific job you've done!