Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vintage Chic Thanks - DS74


New goodies arrived yesterday, and I couldn't wait to dig in to Heidi Swapp's Vintage Chic 8x8 pad -- talk about gorgeous! And this week's Deconstructed Sketch (#74) was perfect for the card I had in mind. In fact, so perfect it's going into my go-to sketch book pronto. Here it is:


For the main oval panel, I started with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three die-cut. On top of that is a Verve Mini Bookplate die-cut that I stamped with a heart image (light aqua ink) and a sentiment, both from Verve's With Love set. I embellished with some white paper flowers from my stash and some May Arts ivory string. Inking, distressing, stitching, and buttons complete the overall vintage look.



For more Deconstructed Sketch #74 inspiration, visit my amazingly talented teammates:


  • Amber Hight 
  • Arielle Gordon
  • Cresta Woodruff, Guest Designer
  • Donna Wardle
  • Jen Shults
  • Kadie Ensley
  • Lori Boyd
  • Sheri Gilson
  • Tracey Pickersgill


  • Jen has all the participation details, along with the entry widget, over on her blog. Hope to see lots of your fabulous creations this week!


    18 comments:

    Deborah Anton said...

    Gorgeous Amy! I really need to try the vintage-y look more often! You make it look easy... until I try! lol!

    Dawn Easton said...

    Absolutely gorgeous!!

    Mihaela said...

    Really great card and so beautiful colors!!!

    Crestajune said...

    Absolutely stunning, Amy! I love every gorgeous detail. Have a wonderful day!

    Marisa said...

    Fabulous distressing and love that fancy label!! Gorgeous as always, Amy!

    julie_elf said...

    Like it so much!

    kadie said...

    This is Gorgeous, Amy! Love that scroll. Great take on this week's sketch! HUGS, kadie

    scrappymo! said...

    Gorgeous card Amy. You do vintagey, distressed but still with an edgy, modern twist, beter than anyone else!

    Lea L. said...

    This is so pretty, Amy! I seriously LOVE that paper!!

    Unknown said...

    Stunning Amy!!.... And yes the card is too LOL! Seriously, this is just beautiful Honey. Fantastic take on the sketch!! Xx

    Julie M said...

    Fabulous card, Amy. I love your shabby, layered style - and those colours are my favourites. I'm so glad to have found your blog and Deconstructed Sketch - they're giving my creative mojo a much-needed boost!!!

    Thanks for popping by my blog to comment, too - much appreciated.

    Julie :o)

    Unknown said...

    Amy, that is spectacular!! I have new paper on the way and I've got to clean up my desk so that as SOON as it arrives, I can get crafty!

    dpkennedy said...

    Vintagy, classy, elegant...lovely! Always a perfect card :)

    Conniecrafter said...

    love what you have done with the sketch, such great dimension, pretty papers and lovely framing!

    Pop's Cards said...

    Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love your colours too hugs Pops x x x

    Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

    Beautiful card! Love your blog. I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll stop to visit and follow me too. www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com

    Oliwiaen said...

    Truly gorgeous card, love the colour palette and the vintage feel!

    Pet73 said...

    Wonderful card!