Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hello - CAS(E) this Sketch #87


I'm thrilled to be guest designing with the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge today! I LOVE that challenge, and their design team is such an inspiration each and every challenge! This week, CAS(E) this Sketch is also teaming up with another fabulous challenge, Tag, You're It, so in addition to using the sketch below, either make a tag or include a tag on your card project.



Visit the CAS(E) this Sketch blog for all the design team samples, challenge details, and link list.

I knew right away I wanted to do a white-on-white embossing paste look for those diagonal stripes. I used a die-cut for a stencil: Pretty Panels Diagonal Stripe Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti. The "hello" die-cut (by Simon Says Stamp) happened to be on my desk, and everything else fell into place quickly. Fun sketch by Gayatri!!


To give the word die-cut some added stability and thickness, I layered it onto some Craft-A-Board by Ellen Hutson. This is a new-to-me product, and it is perfect for beefing up the more delicate die-cuts. I also went over the word die-cut with a clear Wink of Stella pen. I've tried a lot of different shimmer products over the years, and this is the easiest to work with out of all of them -- easy brush-tip applicator, uniform coverage. Thumbs up for sure!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you'll play along!


SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: I Like You (Reverse Confetti) - row of light blue dots
Hello (Simon Says Stamp)
INK: Soft Sky (Stampin' Up)
PAPER: white, black, and soft sky card stock
OTHER: Craft-A-Board (Ellen Hutson); 4mm clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); 
clear Wink of Stella (Zig); wood veneer stars (Studio Calico); yellow acrylic paint; 
black chevron ribbon (May Arts); buttercream baker's twine (The Twinery); white embossing paste

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A great take on the sketch and so beautifully photographed too.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration, Amy! Going to be fun, for sure...
=] Michele

Martha said...

What a darling tag, Amy!
I love it!

Julia Aston said...

Wondertul textures on this great tag Amy!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so pretty, congrats on ur guest spot!

Chrissy Larson said...

When I saw this tag in my inbox, I seriously gasped. It is SO pretty and I'm so happy you were our guest designer this week. LOVE IT!

Oliwiaen said...

Beautifully done Amy, it's so pretty and delicate, love the details!

Cris G. said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch and your tag!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your gorgeous tag, Amy!