Sunday, April 12, 2015

Introducing Pencil Me In

 
Hello, and welcome to Papertrey's March release countdown. Introductions began Friday and yesterday, so if you missed Day One and Day Two, click HERE and HERE.

Today we are introducing a fantastic collection of school-themed products called Pencil Me In, designed by Lexi Daly. The super fun Pencil Me In stamp set has a pencil image, solid and patterned images for stamping the pencil barrel, an eraser, the metal eraser grip, and even the sharpened tip components, plus pencil doodles and lots of fun sentiments sized for stamping right on the pencil barrel. Coordinating with the set is the new Pencil Me In paper collection, which is filled with notebook paper, manuscript writing paper, and graph paper. While the papers go perfectly with this stamp set, I think notebook patterns are fabulous go-to papers in general, too. Super excited to have these in my stash now!

In addition, Lexi has created Pencil Papers adhesive labels for covering standard pencils (more on those below) and a set called Pencilgrams, perfect for monogramming and customizing the adhesive labels.


For this first card, I've combined the Pencil Me In stamp set and papers with the Pencilgrams alphabet. First I stamped and die-cut six pencils. At the top of the pencils, I added the Pencilgrams letters to spell out "thanks."



I stamped one of the sentiments onto a Double-Ended Banners die-cut and tied on a doodled smiley face Tiny Tags tag. In the background are some stamped doodled stars. The background panel is one of the Pencil Me In papers. I added the perforated notebook edge at the top using the new Moments Inked: Edged die set.


To go along with the card, I created a felt pencil pouch and customized a mechanical pencil. The pencil pouch was put together using the Pencil Pouch and Pencil Pouch Trim dies designed by Erin Lincoln. This is my maiden voyage with Papertrey's stitching dies, and I'm officially hooked! Boy do those stitching holes make things easy to assemble and so professional looking. 



Cleverly concealed by the button details are some Basic Grey magnets to keep everything nice and closed up.



The Pencil Pouch has two assembly options. The one I used allows you to attach your pencil pouch to a notebook or planner. Two channels on the back side hold an elastic band. I found a hair band to match the colors of my pencil pouch. (I did have to cut it down to fit.)



My kids gave their teachers really cute personalized notebooks for Christmas, so this will be a perfect "add-on" for teacher appreciation week! I had an extra notebook similar to the ones we gave for Christmas, so here you can see how the pouch fits onto the notebook.


The Pencil Papers adhesive labels make the cutest decorative pencils! At one end is a blank space for adding a monogram or stamped icon. The labels are designed to fit a standard wood pencil in length. Easy enough to trim them to fit mechanical pencils and other shorter pencils. (Just be careful with girth -- the mechanical pencil I used has a more slender barrel, similar to a standard pencil girth, but some mechanical pencils are quite a bit more stout, or have a contoured grip. The labels wouldn't work well with those kinds.)


The Pencil Pouch was actually designed to fit the Moments Inked planner, so I thought I'd show you how it looks attached to my planner. I like it quite a lot, and will definitely be making myself a pouch too! As you can see, I placed it so that the band holds together the used sections of the planner and acts as a bookmark to the current weekly spread.


Here's a look at the pouch open. Erin has an awesome video that walks you through the stitching so that the knots are all hidden and the back/inside looks just as good as the outside.



This next little project is so cute! The card itself is just a wee little thing, maybe 2 3/4"-3" square or so. On the front is a rainbow assortment of colored pencils and the "Be Sharp" sentiment. (I should point out that these sentiments are sized for stamping on the pencil barrel, just like where the imprint would go on an actual pencil -- I'm just using them differently for today's cards.)


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Dawn McVey's too-cute Lunchbox Love stamp set.



Speaking of Lunchbox Love, I created two pencil treats by combining the Lunchbox Love set and customized pencils. For this first one, I added my son's initials to the Pencil Papers adhesive label using the Pencilgrams set. The pencil holder tabs were die-cut using the new Write Stuff Holders dies. Also making an appearance are the new Moments Inked: Edged dies (to create the perforated notebook edge). The sentiments are from Lunchbox Love, and the doodles are from Pencil Me In. The felt star charm at the top is from Tiny Tags. My little guy reached a pretty ambitious (for him) reading goal recently -- this will be a fun way to acknowledge his hard work!



For this one, the notebook page is pretty much exactly the same, but for the pencil, I used the more neutral grid paper adhesive label and stamped the word "awesome" vertically using Pencilgrams. The hashtag is also from Pencilgrams.

That's it for me today -- such a fun group of products! For more inspiration, visit the rest of the Design Team:



Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

jan metcalf said...

I enjoy your Be Sharp card! Pretty pencil colors!

Luanne said...

Love your projects Amy! That first card is amazingly cute!

Betty Sue said...

Superb! Love all your bright, fun projects!

Diana K said...

Super bright and cheerful projects. Especially love your first pencil card.

BeverlyBL said...

Thanks for showing the Write Stuff holder die in action. I wasn't getting a visual at all from the die. Love your colors. Really cute projects.

Alina said...

really great projects, Amy, thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Great creations amy!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love all your fun pencil projects.

Laura Norris said...

Wonderful pencil projects ! Love them all!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE STUFF........get it?

Cariños,
María Alba

chucksusan said...

Love your pencil creations!

Stella said...

Love all your cards.

Teresa Doyle said...

Great cards and notes. I especially like the journal and pencil pouch.

Susi said...

Your Be Sharp note card is a fabulous lunchbox "treat" for any student - love it!

Jill Norwood said...

Such great ideas! Wonderful post Amy!!!